Construction Superintendent/Field Manager III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Improving quality of life, one home at a time.
At Rausch Coleman Homes, we honor God through our commitment to Integrity and Excellence in all aspects of homebuilding. We place the highest value upon the customer by exceeding expectations, and upon our team members by committing to professional development. We aspire to build the best quality affordable homes and we hold ourselves accountable to that goal.
Rausch Coleman Homes is a top 40 homebuilder in the United States. For over 60 years, we've helped families better their lives and achieve their dream of home ownership. Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Arkansas, Rausch Coleman Homes offers competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, generous paid time off, and much more. For more information about what it's like to work for Rausch Coleman Homes, including a more comprehensive listing of company benefits, please visit https://careers.rauschcoleman.com.
The Construction Field Manager directs the activities of trade partners and material suppliers and is the primary construction representative of Rausch Coleman Homes to our homeowners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Division Construction Manager and indirectly to the Division President
- Provides management and administration for construction projects
- Meets construction schedule, financial goals, and quality/safety standards
- Attend weekly construction meetings and as needed to keep homes on budget and on-time
- Work closely with the sales professional to review job files and deliver quality-built zero-defect homes
- Instruct, train, and work with trade partners to ensure compliance with approved methods of construction and operating procedures
- Conduct site and pre-construction meetings with homeowners
- Review job details to ensure trade partners work is 100% complete before authorizing payment
- Timely approval of all project invoicing and trade partner purchase orders
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite during construction
- Responsible for ensuring home is 100% complete before closing
- Responsible for daily walk-throughs of their homes and triggering stage completions through the Internet Toolkit (ITK component of IHMS)
- Additional duties as required
- 3 years related experience in the residential construction industry
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floorplans
- Ability to read, interpret, and resolve inconsistencies and problems in construction plans and specifications
- Understand the basic materials and methods used by trade partners to ensure compliance with company construction standards
- Solid knowledge of construction safety practices
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to use a computer to submit weekly and daily reports and/or status updates
- Self-motivated and the ability to solve problems effectively.
- Professionalism in dress, manners, and conduct
- Decision making skills with ability to determine alternative work assignments during inclement weather and/or when a schedule change is required
- Experience in a customer service position
- Ability to evaluate alternative methods of construction in terms of cost efficiency
- Pushing and pulling heavy items on a regular basis
- Frequently lifting items of varying weights (between 20 and 50 pounds)
- Extended periods of standing or sitting
- Periodic stooping, kneeling, and bending
Updated: December 27, 2018
Loading some great jobs for you...