Employment Type: Full-Time
- Review and analyze plans and specifications
- A thorough understanding of how the following systems are designed and constructed:
- Civil and sitework improvements
- Foundations - including deep foundation systems
- Structural Systems - Steel, Concrete and Masonry
- Exterior Enclosure Systems - Masonry, Metal Panels, Curtainwall/Storefront, etc.
- Roofing Systems
- Interior Construction - non-load bearing partitions, demountable partitions, doors/frames/hardware, millwork, etc.
- Interior Finishes - all types of flooring, painting, ceiling systems, etc.
- Division 10 specialties
- A solid understanding of MEP system
- Perform quantity takeoff and pricing of all system components, inclusive of labor, material and subcontractor overhead and profit.
- Use On-Screen Takeoff and Office Suite products to prepare estimates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors to validate and confirm costs and unit costs.
- Assist the design team with value added suggestions and pricing exercises.
- Support the Project Managers with detailed scopes of work for bidding and post bid scope reviews with subcontractors.
- Review subcontractor bids and submittals for conformance with the specifications.
- Communicate estimate and project details to the clients, architects, engineers and project stakeholders.
- Working and cooperating within a team environment is required.
- A Self-starter with good time management skills is essential in this position.
- Special consideration will be given to the candidate that can produce a complete Conceptual Estimate from limited information.
Passion for the core values, ethics and integrity of our client.Any combination of education and experience that has helped you qualify for this position is acceptable. If you feel you have most of the skills and qualities for this position, we would like to talk to you.No one can be a subject matter expert in all aspects of construction. Our client is looking for a candidate who has a passion for construction and can demonstrate they understand the sequence and techniques used in the construction industry.A college degree along with the appropriate experience is desirable, but an estimator with field installation experience and a working knowledge of construction systems will have just as good if not greater chance to succeed.What do we mean by 'working knowledge'? Our client begins 80% of our Preconstruction Services at the Schematic Level of design. The successful candidate should be able to quantify all the designed components of the systems but also reasonably 'fill in' the gaps and include costs for the undersigned components of the systems.You will be helping owners validate and manage their budget thru the design process with the objective of determining a responsible subcontractor bid day cost.
For nearly a century, our client has helped their clients realize their goals and visions, while always adhering to their principles of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect. To date they have completed more than 10,000 projects totaling in excess of $8 billion of construction for many of the region's leading corporations and institutions.
$80,000 - $120,000 base salaryOur client understands the importance of a positive work/life balance. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 9 paid holidays and a 401k investment plan with company matching funds. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Loading some great jobs for you...