As an Estimator, you will prepare, review and present discipline estimates for specific project proposal activities. In this role, you will provide estimating assistance and guidance to projects, develops conceptual estimates and performs cost analysis. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of discipline/service estimators, developing and updating historical databases, and assisting in the development of department procedures. Provides direction to others on project/program level tasks.District Overview
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.Location
This position will be located in our district office in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.Responsibilities
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• We are interested in candidates with varying experience and are looking for candidates between 5 and 15 years of experience
• Experience in disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural estimating
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights and negotiation of complex stair structures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...