Department Manager - Construction
Compensation: $51,290.00 - $84,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Department Manager - Construction to join our Building and Construction team in Spring, TX.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Job Requirements:Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- Responsible for overall management of a profit center, including planning, growth, profitability, cost control, employee development, quality control, client relations. Position includes business development and collections activities.
- Leads employees to achieve optimal quality, safety, and production
- Provide training and guidance to employees related to their job duties
- Enforces company policies and procedures
- Oversees management of internal quality program and accreditation
- Manages recruitment, hiring and onboarding process
- Monitors progress towards department goals
- Perform project management related duties
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- H.S. Degree or equivalent or B.S. Degree preferred
- 5 or more years of leadership, management and/or project management experience, preferred
- Professional registration / certification desired
- Internal PMCP completion within 6 months of hire
- P&L, and basic accounting experience
- Sales and marketing experience preferred
- Client management experience preferred
- Prior personnel management, hiring and training experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enhanced Computer Skills
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- May travel up to 25% of time
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds occasionally. Additional requirements may be needed for specific sites/locations
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI-CL* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...