Safety Manager - DIRECT HIRE
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experis is exclusively partnering with a highly respected industry leader in the Greater Appleton, WI Area on a highly visible direct hire/permanent Safety Manager position.
The company has been in business for 80+ years - we've successfully worked with them for 10+ years and helped the company find numerous employees at various levels due to their consistent growth. They have very low turnover, offer a great work/life balance, and been consistently voted as a top company to work for in Wisconsin.
Our client offers a very generous compensation plan (base salary, bonus, and profit sharing), great benefits package, relocation assistance (if needed), and the opportunity to be mentored by an extremely knowledgeable and well-respected Director of Safety and be part of a growing and highly reputable company.
The Safety Manager will exercise responsibility for administering the safety, health, and environmental programs for the company within the broad framework of policies issued by the Leadership team.
This person will also support and encourage processes/procedures that will sustain a robust safety culture. Emphasis on supporting the company's field and shop operations including mechanical contracting, metal fabrication, and service.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Coordinate and perform safety training for all employee levels in shop, office or field, as identified and needed.
- Conduct safety audits of projects and shop activities, prepare audit reports, recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies found during audits and follow-up on corrective action.
- Evaluate the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement.
- Investigate incidents to help determine root cause of incident, identify corrective actions to prevent future injuries and verify corrective action is completed.
- Work with project managers, project foremen and supervisors to advise and assist them, when requested or required, on safety requirements and assist in determining and evaluating how such requirements affect the planning and operations of their work.
- Work with subcontractors to keep them informed of their safety obligations, in much the same manner as for our own personnel, where they express an interest and concern.
- Function as an educator and coach for employees and supervisors in the area of occupational safety and health and specific work safety. Be a daily safety resource for all personnel to answer questions, address issues or concerns, and provide safety leadership.
- Assist with insurance claims for personal injury (worker's compensation or otherwise), property damage, vehicle accidents, builder's risk losses, construction equipment or computer damage, theft or vandalism claims and pollution claims, at job sites or in the Corporate or Branch Offices.
- Collaborate with facilities to ensure an operational fleet safety program.
- Expand safety communications, both verbal and visual in shop and field for greater awareness.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Assist with monitoring equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Provide overall backup for company-wide safety issues for Director of Safety.
- Participate as an active member of the safety committee, assisting the Director of Safety with organization and direction of the committee activities.
- Provide enthusiasm and direction in establishing an injury-free culture, helping to continually reduce the number of injuries and help achieve the company safety metrics/goals.
- Proactively promote the safety, health and environmental initiatives to employees to maintain awareness, involvement and insure accountability.
- Maintain an effective, positive line of communication regarding safety matters to the workforce.
- Proactively put our employees in the best possible position for success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety or related field is preferred
- 3+ years of safety experience
- Construction or a related background is preferred
- Working knowledge of equipment and materials involved with mechanical trades
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA Regulations for manufacturing and construction activities
- Strong communication skills; ability to train/speak to groups
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated dedication to sustaining a safe work environment through promoting daily practices and personal accountability
- Strong Computer Skills - Microsoft Suite (especially PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Certifications in First Aid/CPR and OSHA 30-Hour are required
- Good driving record
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) and OSHA 500 certifications preferred
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...