Estimator / Senior Estimator
Employment Type: Full-Time
KNOWLEDGE & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Heavy construction/ highway/ bridge work construction/ rehabilitation projects
- Preferably have NYC DDC/ or comparable agency utility estimate experience. Take care of mainly utility/ site work estimates from DDC and/ or other companies
- Substructure/ superstructure cast in place and precast concrete
- Utility work including Storm drainage, sanitary sewer and water main work.
- All cut/ fill, milling, concrete & asphalt paving, site improvements such as concrete sidewalks, curbs.
- Demolition, site, road and earth work
- Bridge / Deck replacements/ temporary structures
- Structural steel erection
- Capable of doing takeoff and pricing efficiently in a thorough manner.
- Robust understanding for all DOT, MTA, Transit, DDC and any other major owners’ Work, specification and payments.
- Experience in Design Build and Technical proposals are big plus.
- Knowledgeable about Construction schedule and capable of guiding and working with the scheduler.
- Proficient in analyzing subcontractor proposals from Electrical, Mechanical, Steel, HVAC Subcontractors
- Experience with estimating work for NYC Public Agencies including NYC DEP, NYC DDC, NYC MTA, NYS DOT, PANYNJ.
- Be conscientious about owner’s Minority requirements, Good Faith effort and preparing everything properly during estimate preparation as per each owner and contract.
- Knowledge of performing analysis of bid item quantities for overruns and underruns
POSITION SUMMARY / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OF ESTIMATOR
- Able to prepare and submit multiple estimates per month depending on the owner, complexity level and size of the project. Anticipated total estimate from this individual per year would be somewhere around $250 Million +/- for small and medium size projects.
- Vast knowledge of NYC Union rules and agreements
- At least 3 years of experience estimating in the NYC Heavy Highway / Civil.
- Proven past successful estimate record.
- Industry and competition.
- Proficient in using HCSS heavy bid software from the beginning to the bid submission.
- Reports to Senior Estimator directly.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE OF ESTIMATOR
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal abilities essential for
dealing with management, project teams, customers and other stakeholders
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in working with city and state agencies (NYS
DOT, NYC MTA, NYC DDC, NYC DOT, & PANYNJ)
- Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 12 years total in heavy construction experience
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Hard-worker, enthusiastic, team player, well communicative, results-oriented and pragmatic as needed.
- Vastly thorough and detail-oriented.
- Very organized.
- Mentoring skills with the ability to train others.
- Capability to negotiate with Public Agencies, Private Utilities, and Vendors
- Significant business acumen and understanding and use of financial tools.
- Must be self-motivated.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
SALARY: Base salary: $130,000 - $175,000 or Market Rate + Bonus
Loading some great jobs for you...