Commercial Concrete Construction Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Operations/Project Management.
Lead the field staff in the construction of the entire project. Provide leadership to the project staff and ensure quality and timely execution of design/build projects from design to completion. These phases include: Scheduling, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, and project closeout. The Project Manager has run complex multi-million dollar projects on their own, mentors Project Engineers, Summer Construction Interns, and takes on the additional responsibilities to become a Senior Project Manager.
- Participate with Project Director and Estimating in development of a Project Chart of Accounts.
- Develop detailed Project Contract status report.
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the Clayco/Owner contract.
- Oversee the pay request process.
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report.
- Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports.
- Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel.
- Monitor project labor.
- Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs.
- Assist Estimating in bidding projects.
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs.
- Lead the project’s quality process.
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes.
Job Specific Competencies/Behaviors:
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Ability to identify, assimilate and comprehend the critical elements of a situation to extract and interpret implications of courses of actions to attend to details of a problem.
- Effectiveness in planning and controlling work, motivating and developing subordinates, improving work methods and results, encouraging and supporting suggestions for work improvements, etc.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Ability to prepare and monitor realistic construction scheduled and achieve full cooperation of superintendents and subcontractors.
- Communicates expectations and importance of safety. Follows up and insures safety audits are completed accurately and timely. Identifies critical issues and assists in the development of improvement procedures.
About Concrete Strategies:
- 7+ Years of Experience.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.
- Strong knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
- Project set up, budget planning, buy out, and cost reporting experience is a must.
- High level of scheduling, dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a must.
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities.
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Successfully project managed projects of at least 10 million dollars (design-build preferred).
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding.
- Ability to lift objects at least 50lbs.
Concrete Strategies specializes in site cast and structural concrete, flatwork, site utilities and all types of self-perform concrete construction. Concrete Strategies employs over 550 field personnel and completes over $200 million in revenue annually, from its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri and newly opened Kansas City, Kansas office. The company has an awesome reputation for speed, quality and above all operations, with a complete commitment to safety. Even when we were not the low bid, general contractors have chosen Concrete Strategies because of our reputation for quality and speed. Learn more at www.concretestrategies.com* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...