Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Minimum: $31,200.00
The purpose of this job is to perform skilled/manual work functions associated with general maintenance of an assigned departments' facilities. Duties include, but are not limited to: directing activities, repairing and maintaining facilities and equipment; performing general construction, repair, and installation tasks; performing basic plumbing, welding, electrical, carpentry, masonry, landscaping, and other tasks; and maintaining the workshop area.
General Description and Classification Standards
Participates in more complex and difficult work
Works under very general supervision. May work independently or with other skilled or semi-skilled workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general construction, repair, and installation tasks such as installing/repairing doors, locks, fences, and plumbing fixtures; replacing windows; repairing gutters and roof leaks; assembling furniture or equipment; hanging pictures, blinds, guardrails, and fixtures; pulling cables; and moving furniture.
- Performs basic plumbing, welding, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, masonry, landscaping, and other tasks such installing/repairing plumbing systems, gas pipe lines, and fuel pumps; soldering pipes; laying tile flooring; and troubleshooting minor electrical repairs.
- Maintains inventory levels of tools and materials orders supplies as needed; picks up special parts from supplier as appropriate.
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop; picks up and disposes of refuge. Performs various tasks or errands as assigned such transporting employees, and delivering supplies or equipment.
- Provides training, guidance and direction to co-workers or assistants on projects.
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned.
- Provides assistance to other positions as needed.
- Responds to routine requests for information or assistance from members of the staff, the public or other individuals.
- Substitutes for co-workers in temporary absence of same.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and other employees concerning work orders, problems, questions, requests for assistance, and emergency situations.
- Communicates with supervisor any problems that arise; accepts supervisory instruction and direction.
- Answers the telephone; provides information, advice and guidance; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel; returns calls, as necessary.
- Planning and Organizing Plans and organizes daily work routine; establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with needs.
- Estimates expected time of completion of work assignments and establishes a personal schedule accordingly.
- Plans and prepares for special projects on a monthly basis.
- Equipment use and Maintenance Operates and maintains equipment, machinery and tools related to construction and maintenance projects which includes an aerial bucket truck, backhoe, arc welder, jackhammer, drill press, hammer drill, pipe threader machine, shovel, catch basin spoon, level, water/waste pump, water key, ladder, scaffolding, etc.; utilizes various tools which includes carpentry tools, masonry tools, electrical tools, hand tools, as applicable.
- Prepares checklist and performs routine preventative maintenance to buildings and equipment, as needed.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and supplies; assists in cleaning and maintaining workshop area.
- Record Keeping and Documentation.
- Reviews blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Receives various forms, work orders, invoices, reports, and other documents; completes, processes, and forwards as appropriate.
- Prepares/generates maintenance records, work reports, or other documentation; forwards as appropriate.
- Marginal Job Functions Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License required
- One year (1) of experience in construction, carpentry, building trades; such as HVAC, plumbing, welding or electrical.
A Georgia’s Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) is preferred.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...