LEAD CONSTRUCTION MANAGER- (Beaumont)
Compensation: $100,310.00 - $152,530.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for all aspects of completing the construction of new telecommunications network in one or more locations; including supervising/managing the permit applications, estimating, vendor bid and awards, material orders, and assisting in route design; managing all vendors including locating, engineering, conduit and fiber cable installers, splicing and testing, and applicable railroad parties; end to end construction implementation of network infrastructure deployment projects.
- Defines comprehensive plans for large, highly technical conduit and/or fiber install construction projects that cover the following: phased deliver plan; resource requirements, project costs, project schedule; risk assessment and mitigation; capital budget requirements; team structure and accountability matrix; project governance and reporting.
- Effectively leads a cross-functional team in the planning and execution of large, complex, highly technical projects. Team may include company employees from various departments as well as outside contractors and engineering firms and must establish and drive clear accountability for all team members and create an environment that enables high performance from the team.
- Leads the end-to-end solution deployment. Covering everything from construction methodologies, material selection, acquisition and handling, vendor installation activities, project acceptance activities, safety and railroad training requirements, operational hand-over activities, etc.
- Responsible for in-scope, on schedule, on budge delivery. Establishes the appropriate onsite project team structure, daily/weekly work reports from all subcontractors, measuring route production metrics, monitor performance against plan, reporting regular status updates to internal senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and positively motivate cross-functional teams of engineers, construction managers, contractors and consulting employees to successful completion of each project.
- Must possess a strong technically oriented background with direct experience managing the project spend, end to end scope of work, and fast paced schedule for large-scale construction projects, and have solid familiarity with construction practices and methods in the project locations.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Georgia-Atlanta
Requisition #: 220997
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Associated topics: administrator, construction, consultant, director, gcc, healthcare, project manager, scheduler, site supervisor, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...