Commercial Roofer Service Field Manager
Castro Roofing of Texas in Hutchins, TX
- Industry: Construction - Superintendent/Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $100,310.00 - 152,530.00 / Year*
Are you looking to make a positive impact on the service industry by building a team that delivers superior craftsmanship and cares about our clients success?
Do you have experience leading and rapidly growing a service department, understand what it takes to stop leaks, training service techs, building trust with clients, and sell service work?
Are you a Get It Done high performer?
If so, read on
Here s the deal, we re growing our commercial Service Department and we re looking for the Service Field Manager to build and lead the team. We re going to skip all the clich s about this exciting and challenging, and fulfilling opportunity.
Instead, here s a list of some words that will describe the person we re looking for (quick note: It would be a good idea for you to take an honest assessment of whether they describe you before applying).
The Words: Be Humble, Stay Hungry, Always Hustle and Keep Sharp.
If that s you, it s pretty simple from here:
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Organize Department and Build Team
We want someone who makes things happen on a daily basis and in this position that means organizing and building a world-class service department by leading the field teams and the Service Coordinator. This includes the following Daily Deeds:
- Manages all phases of the service department (manage materials, approving invoices, up-sells, quality of work, client loyalty management, maintenance agreement, gross profit, etc.).
- Determine the appropriate crew to perform repairs and ensures all jobs are scheduled and completed on time.
- Help the sales and field team develop roofing solutions and price repairs.
- Wizard when it comes to detecting leaks, teaching the craft and the technology to the field team.
- Safety and continued education classes held monthly Coordinate Safety training with our Safety Manager.
- Forecasting maintenance programs, leak repairs based upon supporting document/up-sells.
- Accompany crews on all 2nd recalls projects to ensure leak diagnosis and resolution.
- The main point of contact for any daily questions on repair methods or job safety concerns.
- Ability to perform all employee s responsibilities overseen, including the Service Coordinator.
- Manage and Request all PO and Material orders. All contract jobs require approved labor hours.
- Quality and consistency in all supporting documents (repair methods), labor, and materials.
- Directly manage the gross margin per job and perform quality control checks.
Great To Haves
- Passion for our team and our client success.
- Five years experience in the commercial roofing service department (sell, manage, technical).
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- Must have knowledge of leak detection, pricing and be a roofing wizard .
- Advance user of technologies (FCS is a plus), job cost, and scheduling program.
- Expert with various roofing manufacturers and roofing systems.
- Servant leader and loves building people and things.
- Confident in client-facing atmosphere and site visits.
- Thrives in the challenge with a growth mindset.
- Strong proactive skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical.
The Work (The BIG 3)
- Deliver the WOW Experience to our clients (Net Promoter Score 70)
- Build a world-class team to deliver superior craftsmanship
- Meet revenue goals and gross profit targets
What You Will Own
You ll be responsible for the quality and the loyalty of our clients and your direct reports. Your focus is to WOW our clients, and build a world-class service department delivering solutions that deliver value and great experience to all our clients.
Manage labor and materials to ensure assigned work orders meet or beat budgets and client expectations for each project. Serves as coach by monitoring a great team environment, client loyalty, and quality workmanship. Continually provides training in areas needing improvements to ensure safety and superior craftsmanship. Performs on job-site and other training as needed for crew-members.
- Castro Roofing s Vision. You will be the Chief Kool-Aid Officer (CKO) for the entire service personnel.
- Creating delightful client relationships which include consistent follow-through, setting proper expectations, and advocating for client issues within internal departments.
- Co-creates with leaders and key stakeholders process and procedure to deliver the Wow experience to our clients.
- Using technical knowledge and client service skills to address clients needs and resolve problems while providing an exceptional level of service.
Functions under general supervision by the General Manager with minimum controls and performs whatever duties are required to achieve desired results.
Track The Client Experience And Follow Up
You need to be organized and serious about taking notes and following up. Are you the type of person who does what you say you ll do and never makes hollow promises?
You are a problem-solver and have a natural talent for keeping our clients informed at all times. A huge part of that is remembering the promises you make and why you made them. You have superpowers when it comes to figuring the best way to wow our clients. You execute the work with excellence and a high sense of urgency. You don t understand procrastinators because you are not one.
You ll Really Knock Our Socks Off If You
- Great listener and problems solver
- Jedi-like talent for identifying, hiring, and growing talented people
- Never say That s not my job or I didn t sign up for that
Associated topics: administrator, construction manager, custom, gcc, project, project manager, public works, scheduler, site supervisor, supervisor
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!