Transmission Construction Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity with one of our leading clients! Title: Transmission Construction Lead Location: New Albany, OH Duration: 12 months + Shift: Monday through Friday / 7 – 4 OR 8 – 5 Transmission Construction Lead Overview
- Ensuring safety & construction efficiency with an emphasis on reducing construction duration and cost
- Developing scope to achieve overall project success leading the team delivering a complex multiple site project.
- Exhibit leadership in the Transmission Construction Management organization through superior knowledge, management ability, innovation, and coaching/mentoring.
- Demonstrate the capacity to relate and communicate this expert knowledge to others by creating, reviewing, and vetting project Constructability Review packages in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Willingness to advance Transmission’s goal to integrate construction methodology and planning into scoping activities from project inception to reduce costs and construct Transmission facilities safer and faster.
- Maintain highly effective relationships and communications with various project stakeholders including planning, project management, engineering, TFS, external customers, outage planning, and environmental.
- Exhibit an advanced level of knowledge, proficiency, communications, and innovation in managing construction projects from a conceptual stage to completion.
- Create Constructability Reviews for projects within assigned region and present to execution team before detailed scoping begins.
- Evaluate construction access strategy for both Construction and Maintenance of critical infrastructure along Transmission ROW and within Substations & Switching Stations across varying terrain amidst AEP’s 11-State territory.
- Engage with all project stakeholders during scoping phase.
- Ensure that ALL Constructability Reviews are created with safety, efficiency and economics in mind.
- Communicate with Transmission Leadership regarding regional construction method improvements, updates, and initiatives.
- Lead presentations and discussions in Semi-annual TCR conferences for your regions.
- Review Capital Project P6 schedules to ensure constructability reviews are developed in a timely manner to support regional scoping goals.
- Conduct site visits as needed with scoping teams or on your own – utilize Spin 360 and other GIS technologies to help plan and evaluate a construction sequence.
- Work closely with outage planners to identify potential hazards and bottlenecks and create plan to remove them or add to risk register for project.
- Mentor and continuously educate Execution Project Managers on the overall construction planning process as well as TCR’s.
- Taking on special leadership responsibilities and assignments; such as process improvements, Kaizen events, TGIS, OutaGIS, Stakeholder Mapping, Lean Initiatives, etc.
- Related experience is defined as involvement with transmission overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work.
- Thorough knowledge of the transmission system, from a design and operation perspective
- Experience within transmission engineering, and/or construction management is desired
- Ability to read and interpret one-line station diagrams and transmission line switching diagrams, and anticipate proper clearance points and zones of protection.
- Strong computer skills and able to grasp and use new technologies as they become available.
- Ability to conduct substation and transmission line site visits.
- Driving a vehicle long distances to conduct site visits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Safety or related field
- 6 years’ experience of overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work
- Associate Degree (ABET accredited) in Electrical, Construction Management, Safety, Civil Engineering Technology or related field of study
- 10 years’ experience in overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 12 years of direct experience as an AEP/contractor line or station field employee or Construction Rep.
- 50% Travel
- Day-to-day travel will be driving from base location to asset locations (substations & transmission lines) as required.
- Occasional travel (once or twice a year) to other office locations for team meetings may be via flying if held in one of the other regions.
- Overnight stays for visiting asset locations might be necessary to spend a day or two visiting several assets within the area.
- More remote locations in region, may also require a stay overnight due to the drive time.
- This position is based out of New Albany, OH - Final location (within region) will be determined based on chosen candidate.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone (email@example.com) for immediate consideration. Why Kelly®?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...