Project Engineer - Facilities
Employment Type: Full-Time
Project Engineer - Facilities The Project Engineer (internally known as a Project Manager) role will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and project close-out of a facilities project. This includes development of project scope, budget estimates, and project schedules for new and remodel construction projects within our Facilities department. This role will manage every aspect of the development process including: consultants, general contractors, vendors, specialty contractors, internal departments and developers to ensure cost effective solutions and adherence to corporate standards. Responsibilities:
- Develop plans for all renovation projects from design requirements to implementation. Consider feasibility from architectural, engineering and budgetary perspectives including defining scope and objectives, managing overall schedule and budget; provide alternative approaches to space and facilities planning.
- Create tracking spreadsheets and project schedules to ensure that all areas of construction, renovation, movement of staff and equipment, etc. are processed in a timely manner; determine if any project is dependent on another and that this is mapped out to ensure timely completion of work with minimal disruption to current projects.
- Maintain records on budget for renovations; seek approval from upper level management for all costs; coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure funding authorization and availability.
- Ensure that renovation projects proceed on schedule and on budget; inform upper level management of possible deviations from schedule and budget; collaborate with staff to find solutions to problems that may arise.
- Create the design of conceptual layouts, floor plans and pre-design for distribution operations and/or office environments ranging from new or existing buildings and equipment.
- Lead project teams by providing necessary direction, information and time-lines.
- Support Facilities and Distribution Managers with RFP’s (Request for Proposals) and space planning.
- Coordinate furniture and equipment planning, procurement and installation.
- Coordinate multi-business unit requirements, external vendors, contractors, consultants and architects.
- Prepare equipment and building specifications, request for proposals, analysis bids, issue purchase requisitions and coordinate installation.
- Provide for move coordination and site deactivation including site inspections, punch lists, schedules, asset transfers, work orders and project close out.
- Prepare space plans for office areas, warehouse, storage layouts and production systems utilizing AUTOCAD. Maintain and update facility files.
- Travel within the US to locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline (construction management, architecture, etc.)
- 3-5+ years analysis, financial or operations experience preferred
- Extensive experience in new office fit-up, renovation projects and office moves
- Experience in conducting ROI analysis for potential and existing Projects
- Experience in contract negotiation and management
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in MS Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Solid organizational skills
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...