Opening for an Electrical Technician 1st shift in the Norfolk, NE area. This Electrical/Automation Technician will safely and effectively control, troubleshoot and work to enhance the electrical and automation subsystems within the facility.
- Understand electrical schematics and user manuals.
- Improve process issues with automation software.
- Correct hardware issues with PLCs and touchscreens.
- Use advanced network troubleshooting to diagnose control networking issues.
- Work with IT to troubleshoot and maintain automation servers.
- Construct user manuals and training documentation; train electrical technicians.
- Classify and facilitate process and automation improvements.
- Identify necessary program changes and work with Corporate Controls to improvement.
- Assist and discuss with management/engineering projects as needed.
- Administer support and leadership to electrical technicians.
- Administer, backup and organize all automation related documentation for the facility.
- Associates degree or 2 year certificate preferred. Will consider training or experience as well.
- 5+ year s industrial electrical background in a manufacturing environment (food manufacturing experience preferred).
- Background in mechanical systems, and pneumatics a plus.
- Electrical Apprentice or Journeyman s license preferred but not required.
- Experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell automation required.
Associated topics: cable, capacitor, electrician, journeyman electrician, power, satellite, transformer, troubleshoot, voltage, wiring