Hiring Form Carpenters in the Birmingham Area
For more information, please contact:
A form carpenter uses building blueprints and diagrams to determine the proper dimensions, shape and design of a form structure. The form carpenter uses precise measurements to cut and assemble boards, timbers or plywood to the necessary size as he builds a wooden form in the shape of a house's foundation or a section of bridge. The forms are typically secured with nails, bolts, screws or anchor rods. Once the form is secure, concrete is poured between the walls of the form. The concrete is molded and shaped by the design of the form as it cures and hardens.
1) Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
2) Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
3) Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
4) Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
5) Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
6) Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
7) Erect forms, framework, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
8) Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
9) Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
10) Bore boltholes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
11) Fabricate parts, using woodworking and metalworking machines.
12) Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
13) Build sleds from logs and timbers for use in hauling camp buildings and machinery through wooded areas.
14) Build chutes for pouring concrete.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...